Thursday 21 January 2010

Hats off to the Cambs Times

I have had a tough week this week, mostly dealing with budget issues at Shire Hall, some details of our budget have been published this week - and you can see what I mean about tough.  More of that in a few days.

But one of the other things I did this week was to tell members of the Children's Trust Executive (a group of Director level employees in the public sector in Cambridgeshire with an interest in Children's issues) that I was a big fan of the Cambs Times "Kids are Alright" Campaign", something that has played a great role in promoting the positive side of young people in the Fenland area.   My line was basically that we should be looking to promote this sort of campaign everywhere.

Anyway, great timing, the campaign has won an award at the EDF Energy East of England Media Awards.  I have to say I am delighted for everyone at the Cambs Times.   It is great to see them succeeding and being recognised for doing something that the media as a whole should be doing more of; standing up and shouting about how great the vast majority of our young people are.

No comments:

Post a Comment