Thursday 21 April 2011

Whittlesey Youth Club Sleepover

I had the pleasure of helping at the sleepover at the Youth Centre last night.  I have to say I had a fantastic time.

The event was held as part of a plan to raise funding for the Youth Centre, to try and make sure our youth provision is maintained in the light of the cuts that are being made, something the Whittlesey Action for Youth group is also trying to do (and which also met last night).

The Young People were excellent, they had great fun, enjoyed each others company and were an absolute credit to themselves.  It was a pleasure to spend time with such good kids.  And it is a credit to them that they have reacted to the funding issues in the Youth Centre in such a positive way.  There are a number of adults who could learn from their attitude.

I also take my hat off to those who helped offered their own time helping out time last night.  I did a shift until midnight, but people stayed much, much longer than I did. Lovely, dedicated people who want the best for the Young People in Whittlesey.

So, the question is, should the "soak the youth worker" I have photos be published?  I suppose if I do photos of sleeping bag racing might emerge!

No comments:

Post a Comment