Friday 26 October 2012

St Mary's Ward By-Election Victory for Gary Swan

I spent yesterday supporting my friend and fellow Town Councillor Gary Swan in the District Council by-election for St Mary's Ward.  I am delighted to say that Gary was elected in a result that was beyond expectations:


GALE, Colin
Labour
78
12.28%
GERSTNER, Roy
Independent
160
25.20%
SWAN, Gary
Conservative
397
62.52%


635

Rejects

4

Turnout 30%



 
I am really, really happy for both Gary and for Whittlesey.  I am sure all sorts of people will give all sorts of reasons for the result, but the main reason is undoubtedly Gary.  I have never known a candidate work so hard for success in a by-election and he put together a great evidence base around his undoubted success as a Town Councillor.

I also hope that the victory shows that residents can see that Whittlesey Conservative Councillors, especially Gary, have fought their corner on the supermarket debate.

Gary is going to be an excellent District Councillor and I am really looking forward to working with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment