- Even though there is a commitment to building a bridge over Kings Dyke, I will continue to focus on this as a priority for Whittlesey; I will not give up until someone cuts a ribbon to open the bridge.
- I will never stop campaigning for a Whittlesey bypass.
- I will continue to work to protect our Town Centre; in particular I promise that I will never support any flat, paid parking regime for the Town (I should stress that there are no current plans for this).
- I will continue to seek innovative ways of communicating with residents. In particular I want to explore a few new ways of listening to your views and ideas, for example, on how we deal with some longstanding parking and speeding issues.
- I will continue to make sure the views of Whittlesey residents on national issues are heard through the communication I have with our local MP and through lobbying Ministers and any other relevant bodies. The three biggest national issues raised with me last year were: benefit dependency, Europe and immigration.
- I will always strive for Cambridgeshire County Council to deliver excellent services and have ambition for Whittlesey.
Wednesday, 1 May 2013
My Pledges for Whittlesey And Whittlesey North
These pledges are on my final leaflet going out at the moment, but the leaflet will probably not get everywhere, so I thought it made sense to publish it here too:
Posted by Martin Curtis at 00:13