Thursday 27 February 2014

Rejoice. We have planning permission

I have wanted to write this blog post for some time. Too long in fact.

It has been confirmed today that Fenland District Council has issued planning permission for the Country park and Sainsbury in Whittlesey. The process has taken a long time, for many reasons (some good and some bad in my view) and I have been quietly but firmly been chasing behind the scenes for some time.

Going forwards we now enter a six week pause which is needed legally in order that any concerned parties can consider legal action. We know there is a possibility of this, although I hope the third party in this case will realise that this has been a thorough process and that the permission reflects the will of the majority of people of Whittlesey and was exercised through an appropriate planning decision.

Over the next few weeks I will be talking with the Sainsbury team to see if I can get clarity around timescales.

But for now, rejoice, our much needed supermarket is now one very large step closer to happening.

1 comment:

  1. So pleased to hear this. Thank you for your hard work. I'm sure everyone is keen to hear when we are likely to have the store built and opening, but like you say this is a massive step forward!

    ReplyDelete