Wednesday 4 November 2009

Sometimes I'm nosey

Last week I went to Huntingdon to be nosey in and around Connexions where there were some Young People filming for a DVD about cyber-bullying.  Once again some great young people involved, all of whom go to Stageworks in Buckden.  It was interesting, not only to see the acting, but to develop my understanding of cyber-bullying and to meet such interesting young people (as well as the Connexions staff who were there).

I really don't think us old 'uns understand issues like this enough.   The difference between this and the bullying that we experienced and understood is that you can never turn off from it.  The idea that you don't want to turn on your computer or mobile for fear of what might be on it is something we should all understand.

I also went to the Youth Fair in Whittlesey.  Again it was a pleasure to be there. I met one organisation Stonham, that I hadn't dealt with before but also chatted to a number of people and organisations that provide support to Whittlesey. It was interesting to see Drinksense there, and then to see them at the Scaldgate Centre on Friday night showing some videos to some of our young people.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read Martin Curtis, my local councillor getting involved in bullying, but rather disappointed his concern does not extend to the local people of whittlesey, I am being bullied by Tesco who want to get me out of my home to build a store in the town centre, I have sent a letter to Martin Curtis, begging for his help, but no reply to date, he chooses instead to visit the Tesco Exhibition on Friday.

    ReplyDelete