Monday 14 March 2011

Vulgar Abuse (or not)

I challenge a local Lib Dem on their blog about yet another attempt to claim that the pupil premium was their initiative - it was a feature in both the Conservative and Lib Dem manifesto, so it is no surprise that it featured within the coalition Government's programme. (the pupil premium gives schools additional funding for each of the children eligible for Free School Meals)

Anyway my final sentence on the comment was this:
I would like to say that I don't think you are deliberately twisting the facts - except it is about the third time I have seen the Lib Dims play this trick.

The final part of the response on the blog was:
And as for your last sentence, when a senior elected politician descends to mere vulgar abuse, all it does is diminish you and your credibility.

I'll leave it up to you whether I am guilty of vulgar abuse or whether a Lib Dem is spinning what was a legitimate challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment