Tuesday 18 September 2012

Tesco plea to planning committee

This article on the Cambs Times website is interesting. Earlier today I saw the letter from Tesco urging members to revisit the decision at planning committee tomorrow.  I have asked for some clarification on the issue it raises, but from what I can see there are no grounds for doing this.

The minutes of the planning committee of 29th August are quite clear that members refused the Tesco site. The agenda for tomorrow does not allow for a revisiting of that decision, it is there just for members to affirm the reasons not to reconsider the principle of refusal.

I am pretty sure that legally Fenland will be on very, very dodgy ground if the committee agree to Tesco's request.  I will be horrified if it is allowed.


No comments:

Post a Comment