Tuesday 19 April 2011

It's a tough job..

Today I had the pleasure to attend the opening of the Lee Valley White Water Centre, which is to be the canoeing venue for next year's Olympics.   The venue has been completed on time and on budget and is the only Olympic venue that will be open to the public ahead of the games.

I have spent a lot of time discussing the venue over the last few years in my capacity as Board Member for Nations and Regions East (the Board responsible for Olympic delivery in the Eastern Region).  So it was great to be able to see it completed and getting plaudits for being such a challenging canoeing venue.

I also had the privilege of being able to have a go at white water rafting - which is one of the ways the venue will generate revenue.  It is something I have always wanted to do, and I now want to do it again.  It was an excellent experience.   I got very wet, and had a nice swim after falling out the raft on one occasion.  But I loved it and would recommend it to anyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment